Melissa and Doug: Ballerina Dress up Chunky Puzzle
With chunky wooden pieces that are easy to grasp and interchangeable designs to mix and match, this preschool puzzle is the perfect combination of problem solving and creativity!
The pieces fit individually into recessed wells, or combine to make cute outfits for the smiling ballerina. Coordinate the colours and patterns, put together a performance look of cool contrasts, or help promote developmental skills with the skill-building extension activities on the back--there are countless ways to play and learn with this pretty play set!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child sort the pieces into two groups: tops and tutus. Help the child count the pieces in each group. Then count all the pieces together.
- Help the child identify the colours on the pieces. Compare two of the pieces and ask the child: "Does this piece have any colours that the other piece does not?"
- Name a colour, pattern, or feature (such as hearts or flowers) and ask the child to gather all of the pieces that fit the rule. How many outfits can be made with the collected pieces?
- Encourage the child to mix and match the pieces to find a favourite combination.
- Trace a top and tutu on a piece of paper and let the child colour in her own design.
- Encourage the child to draw a matching tiara and ballet shoes as well.
Dimensions: 10" x 12" x 0.75"